New York is filled with hundreds of cute bars and restaurants and new ones are always popping up all over the place. Katie and I heard about While We Were Young recently opening at the beginning of this year in the West Village, so we stopped in for a 5:00 happy hour yesterday so snap some pics and enjoy some rosé to celebrate the fact that it’s finally starting to feel like summer! How cute is their decor??
Here’s a quick list of my 6 favorite summery cocktails to order when I’m out with my girlfriends or on a date! If you’re like me, you probably draw a blank every time you walk up to the bartender because you try to think of a drink that: won’t give you a hangover, isn’t too expensive, tastes good, and will give you the best buzz…although all of those together is pretty impossible, here are my 6 go-to drinks to order:
- Sparkling rosé – light, sweet, and refreshing. (I love this one).
- Sangria – red or white wine, chopped fruits and brandy.
- Cosmopolitan – Carrie Bradshaw’s go-to. A mix of cranberry juice, lime juice, triple sec and vodka.
- Extra Dirty Martini – definitely not for everyone, but one of my favorites. Nani got me hooked on these when I lived with her!
- Royal Mojito – a mojito topped with champagne instead of soda water.
- Jalapeño Margarita – a little sweet, a little sour, and extra spicy. One of my faves!
Cheers to the start of summer ’17! xo
Photography by Katie