Yellow Bodysuit: Otherwise Topless (XXS) from my friend Missy’s collection she just started in Chicago. Customize your top in the style & color you choose. Go Missy, proud of you! (shorts are 501 Levis sz 24)
You and I both know I spend a lot of time on here giving you inspo on what to wear and how to do your hair and makeup. But like Ann Voskamp said, there are plenty of women in this world who can tell you exactly how you should be doing your hair. Right now, what the world needs is more women talking about the more important things. And I thought Sunday night was good timing for me to ramble a little bit about what’s been going through my head.
So what are those “hard and holy things”? It’s acts of service, loving people when you don’t want to, forgiving people when you don’t want to, holding back judgmental thoughts, standing up for what’s right. The not-so-glamorous definition of what it means to be a “strong” woman. I’m learning more every day about how I can do a better job of sharing God’s light while I have this platform. Because that’s what really matters. Believe me, I have plenty of work cut out for myself in this area. But I know what the most important part of my job is as an influencer. And I know why I was really given a voice. And it’s not just to show you how to curl your hair.
The fastest path to discontentment is to constantly be searching for ways to make yourself happier/prettier/richer. I’m so guilty of getting caught up in the wrong things, but I’m always reminded of what true happiness really looks like.
The path to contentment and purpose starts putting others before yourself. And this can be done in the SIMPLEST ways. Start by asking yourself at the beginning of the day: “Who has God placed in my path today to serve? Who could use a chore or favor? A reminder of why they matter? I came up with a list of ideas for how you can make someone’s day better this week. Little things that say: “I love you, you’re important to me, and here’s how I’m going to prove it to you”…
- Fold your roommate’s laundry if they left their clothes in the dryer.
- Email a friend an article you know they’d be interested in.
- Give your waiter/waitress a very generous tip. It will make her night.
- When someone sends you a Venmo payment, instead of accepting it just ask that they pay it forward.
- Educate yourself about brands that give back and make more of an effort to choose those brands.
- Send someone your favorite book.
- Make a conscious effort to be a friendlier driver this week.
- Compliment a stranger on something you admire about them.
- Write a positive Yelp review about a local business you love.
- Leave a really good employee review.
- Fill the Brita back up and change the toilet paper roll at home. It’s the little things you guys.
- Let someone cut in line who has fewer items than you.
- Send a thankful appreciation text to someone who deserves it. It will make a difference.
- Leave a note for your roommate in the morning.
Screenshot this post and look back at it throughout this week. Make a difference you guys!