One of the best things about being a woman is being able to express your femininity and elegance through the way you dress. But, a well put-together outfit can only take you so far. Here are a few tips for how to channel your inner-Kate Middleton and add elegance to any outfit. As Dianne Vreeland said, “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.”
10 ways to add elegance to any outfit
1. Simplify your look. Too many accessories and layers are a distraction. A single strand pearl necklace and a classic clutch will do the trick.
2. Look polished. When your hair looks nice, your nails are painted, and your makeup looks fresh – you’re already half-way dressed!
3. Wear neutrals. Soft colors and the basics look clean and sophisticated.
4. Elegant accents: soft curls, romantic lipstick, and dramatic mascara.
5. A couple sprays of your favorite perfume goes a long way.
6. Posture is important. No matter what you’re wearing, the way you carry yourself in it is what really makes the outfit.
7. Wear things that are a perfect fit – a perfectly tailored pencil skirt or a dress with a cinched waistline to accentuate your feminine physique.
8. High heels make an outfit a little fancier, your legs look longer, and your body slimmer, which also help with upper body posture.
10. The main way to look like a lady is to act like a lady. Speak softly, listen carefully, be gracious, make eye contact, move gracefully, accept compliments gracefully, remember silence can be stunning, be thoughtful of others, and always wear a sincere smile.
“Elegance is the only beauty that never fades” – Audrey Hepburn