When I moved to Chicago 5 months ago, I had no idea that my random roommate living upstairs with me was about to become one of my best friends. Life is funny. Some seasons it takes things away and completely knocks the wind out of you and then other times it surprises you with serendipity.
I want to brag about Rachel for just a minute because I feel so lucky to have found such a truly great friend. She’s a clinical pharmacist and works 70+ hours a week. She’s so good at what she does and has worked so hard to get where she is, and is one of the smartest people I know. You know when you meet someone and you just click? For some of you that might’ve been with your boyfriend.. but nope – that’s how it was with me and Rach, haha. She’s also barely over 5′ tall so sharing a closet is obviously great. But really – having a best friend to live, workout, cook, go out, shop, and basically do everything with is so much fun – especially after college when most of your best friends are spread all over the country. It definitely makes being single chicks living in a big city quite an adventure every day.
Last weekend we decided to take a spontaneous trip to NYC, because that’s what you do when you’re 25 and living life.. right? We spent an entire day testing out products from QVC’s beauty collection – basically pampered ourselves in the hotel room for about 5 hours that day. I wanted to share my favorite beauty items this holiday season that would be PERFECT gift ideas for all the women in your life – plus they’re all great deals right now 🙂 [Items in the image below are clickable].
1. IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Complexion Perfection Palette w/ Brush: A bronzer, pore minimizer, blush, and lumber all in one palette. This kit is perfect for all skin tones. I’ve been using this every day to highlight and contour and the pink blush color is perfect.
2. Josie Maran Nourishing Body Butter and Scrub: Exfoliate with this luxurious scrub, then moisturize with Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter for an incredible scent of vanilla bean, you can’t beat this scent!
3. Bobbi Brown Nectar Shimmer Brick Compact: This palette creates the perfect soft coral shimmer/glow. I love wearing this out at night.
4. Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara: Jet black, increases volume, and separates your lashes perfectly. I layered a few coats of this and it creates so much drama!
5. First Aid Beauty 5-in-1 Bouncy Mask: We used this mask and it left our skin feeling dewy and moisturized. It’s perfect for before a big event, after a late night out, or any time your complexion is in needs a pick-me-up.
6. Smileactives Original Teeth Whitening Pen: this is the perfect little stocking stucker! You can carry it with you and use it anywhere. Each pen lasts for up to three weeks.
7. T3 Featherweight 2 Dryer: Lightweight with adjustable heat and dry speeds. Blow drys quick and easy – great gift for any girl in your family!
8. Aria Bellini Tourmaline Cermanic Curling Wand: The perfect 25mm ceramic wand can create tight spirals or the loosest, most gorgeous beach waves. Perfect for your hair goddess friend!
9. Clarisonic Mia 3 Makeup Removal Master: I love the way my face feels after cleaning it with this Clairsonic brush. Great for any makeup lover – easily removes heavy and/or long-wearing makeup.
10. Emjoi Micro-Mani Battery Operated Nail Polisher: keeps your nails smooth and shiny, right from the comfort of your home. No need to go to the salon! Cute stocking stuffer idea.
11. Julep Charcoal Body Konjac Sponge: This sponge helps to gently exfoliate dead skin cells to reveal a soft, radiant, and glowing looking complexion. To use, just rinse under warm and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate dead skin cells.
12. Fresh Cream Philosophy Body Spritz: Smells incredible and one of my favorite body product brands. Lighter than a perfume but great for every day wear.
13. Philosophy Happy Holidays Shower Gel 6 Piece Collection: These can all be used as a body wash, shampoo, or even a bubble bath! Great stocking stuffers or individual gifts for friends! I’m using the Christmas Cookie shower gel right now and it is INCREDIBLE. Buy the whole set and give one away to each girlfriend!
14. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Creams: This stuff seriously feels like whipped cream on your skin. It’s First Aid’s best selling cream. Great for dry winter skin!
Also, not necessarily a beauty gift, but another great gift idea is a faux fur throw! I got my parents this last year and they loved it – I have this Dennis Basso one in my living room and it’s the softest thing (pictured above)!
Thank you to QVC for partnering on this post!