I think we can all agree that eating healthy isn’t always easy. I’ve gone through plenty of ‘healthy eating spurts’ where I get really motivated and cook my meals the entire week, then the weekend comes around and the pizza rolls and Wendy’s drive thru window ruin everything. With meal delivery services being so popular right now, I decided to try a couple out to see if it was something that’s worth the money. Green Chef turned out to be my favorite, here’s why:
- It saves you time. It would take you forever to go through the grocery store to find all the ingredients for the meals, cut, and prep them – but that’s all done for you and delivered to your doorstep in a refrigerated box.
- Average of 30-35 minute cook time.
- It’s all prepped for you. For each meal, the ingredients are already chopped, measured, color coordinated by meal, and the directions are self explanatory. (Way easier than Blue Apron)
- It’s tastes good and it’s healthy. My favorite meals so far have been: pink peppercorn salmon and the dijon-maple chicken.
- There’s a two person plan or a family plan. I get the two person plan and Rachel (my roommate) and I cook them together! It’s 3 dinners a week for 2 people.
- The portions are big. So we can usually have some left overs for lunch the next day.
- It’s a cute idea for date night or fun to do with a girlfriend.
- Everything they use is certified organic. That means no GMOs, no synthetic pesticides and no growth hormones or antibiotics.
- You can customize your meals. Green Chef offers the most options: you can pick from Vegetarian, Omnivore (combo of meat, seafood, veg), Carnivore, Gluten-Free or Paleo. I do Omnivore to get a variety.
- It’s flexible. You can skip as many weeks as you like and choose which day you would like to receive the order.
- It helps you learn how to cook and try new recipes! So domesticated.
- They send you 4 meals free with your first order (yay!)
The 3 dinners per week is perfect for us because we usually have a few nights during the week where we’re out or will just eat left overs. For those of you who’s schedules are crazy and unpredictable, this really is such a great way to save so much time at the grocery store and in preparation and to eat healthier. What I usually do during the week is buy a container of greek yogurt, berries, and granola and eat that during the week for breakfast, and do something simple like cut up a rotisserie chicken and keep it in the fridge all week for lunches, and do Green Chef dinners! Nothing fancy over here, just simple, easy and healthy.
Want to test it out? Use this link and try your first box for $50 off.
Outfit Info + Table Top Items:
Mocha Off-Shoulder Sweater (small) is sold out but restocking soon, sign up to get notified at Pink Lily Boutique – it’s so comfy and looks cute paired with a bralette | White Ripped Jeans |Similar Burberry Watch | Kate Spade Lemon Recipe Book | KSNY Lemon Tumbler | KSNY Lemon Trio Bowl | KSNY Grocery List Notepad |Order’s Up Notepad | 1,2,3 Trio Bowl
For All Kate Spade Items on Swoozies.com, use code OLIVIA20 for 20% off
Thank you to Green Chef for sponsoring this post, all ideas and opinions are my own.