Weekends are for relaxing, trying new restaurants, buying fresh flowers, organizing, and spending time with the people you love. Have some free time this weekend? Here are a few ways to make your weekend a bit more lovely:
1. Take a Saturday morning trip to Trader Joe’s and spend some time picking out the perfect combination of fresh flowers to spread throughout your apartment. I combined lavender, magenta, and blush roses for my room & desk this weekend. Also, peonies are in season and Trader Joe’s usually has them!
2. Wash your sheets and dry them with extra fabric softener for a better sleep this weekend. I’m not usually one to splurge on this kind of stuff, but I bought Jo Malone linen spray and it changed my life! Reading in bed at night is so relaxing when my sheets smell like lavender – one of life’s simple pleasures 🙂
3. Try a summer DIY project. Here are three different ideas I want to try: Coconut Water Fruit Popsicles (easy healthy snack for a hot day at the pool), Abstract canvas art with gold leafing, and Rose petal ice cubes (the cutest touch to use at your summer party).
4. Start a new summer read and try out Gloria Jeans ‘butternut toffee’ coffee k cups, they’re sooo good. See this article for some of the top summer books for 20 somethings.
5. Go to the farmer’s market. Wake up early Saturday morning to beat the heat and pick up some fresh new fruits, veggies, and flowers.
6. Buy this candle from Antropologie, you will not regret it + it lasts forever. The pretty white glass matches any room. A combination of tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons, and limes, redolent with lightly exotic mountain greens. Yes please.
7. Organize something – your desk, your closet, your purse.
9. Call your grandma or catch up with an old friend who lives far away.
10. And of course, schedule brunch with your girlfriends.