Solve the riddle: a place no man should go, every woman knows by heart, a first aid kit, make up stash, and snack bag all in one?
Yep, it’s a woman’s purse. You can tell a lot about a girl by the handbag she’s carrying and especially by what she’s carrying inside. My go-to bag right now is the Tory Burch Thea slouchy tote in caramel leather. The gold chain straps and leather tassels are what sold me on this one. It’s the perfect size for carrying around everything you need and great for any occasion (casual errand run or formal dinner date). What I’m carrying is always changing, but I thought I’d share with you this week what you’d currently find floating around in my bag:
2. WALLET// Kate Spade ‘Emma Lane – Lacey’ Wallet: Chris got me this one for Christmas and I love it so much! Plenty of little compartments for cards, change, and cash and the black and white pattern goes with every purse I own. I also use it as a clutch when I go out at night!
3. LEOPARD POUCH// J Crew Pouch (SOLD OUT) really cute Pottery Barn alternative HERE with a monogram option! Perfect for organizing a cluttered tote, but also fabulous used on it’s own as a clutch. I stash all my beauty products in here (speaking of leopard, how cute is this phone case?)
4. SUNGLASSES// Tory Burch Oversized Round Sunglasses: I love the retro-chic vibe of these sunnies, the bigger the better. I switch between these and a pair of Ray-Bans depending on my mood. Sometimes a laid back west coast chick and other times a glam southern belle 😉
5. PERFUME// Chanel Chance is a year-round favorite for me. I keep a bottle with me since I tend to reapply when the course of my day changes (surprise date after work or spontaneous outing with girlfriends).
7. LIP LINERS// So I just recently started trying out lip liner to go with my favorite shades of lipstick and now I’m hooked. I use MAC ‘Currant’ to go with Rebel and MAC ‘Beet’ to go over most shades of red or pink.
8. POWDER// Bare Minerals Original ‘Tan’ Foundation and ‘Full Flawless’ Face Brush: After a full day of work and in-between dinner and drinks with friends, this little duo comes in handy. I’ve used this foundation for a few years now and it’s my fave!
9. SPRAY// Evian Facial Spray is something new I’ve been carrying around lately. A light spray a few times a day ‘sets’ makeup while highlighting color. It relieves dry skin by absorbing the unique balance of minerals in the water. And it looks cool, so I bought it.
10. LIP BALM// Hurraw! Coconut Lip Balm by American Apparel is all natural ingredients from organic US farmers around the world. Smooth, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, Hurraw!
Not pictured but always present:
*iphone5..not 6! Still wondering how the heck people hold that thing with one hand.
*Kate Spade Planner – If I don’t write it down the second it comes to me head, I forget.
*Business cards – More old fashioned than “put your number in my phone”, I like that.
*Gum – Usually Trident or honestly I really like big league chew, lol.
*Peanut butter nature valley bar(s) – to prevent hangriness.
I always like to keep a good mix of productive necessities and little luxuries. Stay tuned for more ‘what’s in my bag‘ posts in the future! What do you keep in your favorite bag?? xO