How I Keep My Tan All Year2015-07-302016-09-07https://oliviarink.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo-olivia-rink.pngWelcome to Olivia Rinkhttp://oliviarink.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/onepiece5.jpg200px200px
I think by now, we’re all aware of how terrible tanning is for your skin. I’ve been going to the tanning bed since high school and never really thought twice about it. Also, pale wasn’t exactly the best look when you’re constantly wearing cheerleading skirts & uniforms that show your stomach in the dead of winter.
I stopped going to the tanning bed after I graduated college. I haven’t been in a very long time – and thanks to spray tanning, I really don’t need to ever go back! I know a lot of people freak out about getting them – I’ve definitely had a few bad experiences in the past – but I’ve found the best way to get the exact color I want that lasts long, covers my body, and looks natural…
For those of you who are local (Michiana area): I use Sun Free Mobile Spray Tan – a professional spray tan service in the comfort of your own home, it doesn’t get much more convenient than that! A certified spray tan technician will come to your home and customize the perfect color to compliment your skin tone (available most days and hours to fit your busy schedule). I’ve gotten so many spray tans over the years, and this is by far the best color I’ve ever had, and the pricing is so reasonable! (If you are not in the area but are willing to make the commute, contact Laura for more details)
First time tanners – $25!
Single tan – $35
Parties of (2-3) – $25
Parties of (4+) – $25 plus host tans free! (Great idea for bridal parties + cheerleading teams)
Call or Text to set up your appointment:
Laura Minatel 574-229-8275
For everyone else:For those of you who aren’t living in northern Indiana – I used to get all my spray tans in a Mystic Tan Booth. Most major cities have these – click this link to find a salon near you.
How I Prep for Spray Tans:
1. ALWAYS shower right BEFORE your spray tan
2. Avoid bar soaps, especially Dove, which leaves a barrier on the skin
3. Exfoliate your entire body. This is one of the most important steps to spray tanning prep. Dry, rough patches of skin tend to attract and hold more color than skin which is smooth and soft. Failing to exfoliate before spray tanning can result in blotchy patches of dye on your elbows, knees, and other rough areas. I use these awesome body scrubs in the shower before an appointment:
-I would use light or dark coloring – never medium (orangey tint)
-I never use the cream they give you for elbows and feet, I just:
1. Stand on paper towels to avoid getting color on the bottom of your feet
2. Wash knuckles and fingers with warm soap and water and pat dry with towel right when you get home.
3. Wait 8 hours before showering.
Maintaining Your Tan:
– AFTER your tan, avoid harsh soaps and oily lotions
-When toweling off after a shower, pat dry instead of rubbing
-When going out in the sun, choose a lotion type sunscreen. Not a spray or oil based.
-Moisturize your whole body daily. I use Hempz body lotion. (use code LOVELY20 for 20% off)
-The tan will last about one week. I usually spray tan every other week.
Feel free to write any questions you have in the comments below! Hopefully this will motivate you to stop going to tanning beds and start a healthier method for maintaining a tan year round 🙂 Happy thursday!