When you think TOMS, you probably think of the classic Alpargatas they’re known for, but today I’m partnering with them to talk about their sunglasses & other accessories. I have a TOMS store in my neighborhood in Bucktown Chicago and I always go in there to try out new sunglasses – they always have new styles and are so reasonably priced. How cute are these 70s style Blythe shades? And I love how comfortable their wedges are!
These pictures were taken at Memorial Hall on the University of Kentucky’s campus! It was bittersweet to walk the sidewalks of campus a couple weeks ago when we were in town shooting my Lexington City Guide. If you’re thinking about attending the University of Kentucky for college, here are my top 11 reasons to give you that extra little push and why I loved it so much:
1. The People: For some reason, people in Kentucky are just nicer than any other place I’ve ever lived or visited. You’ll get used to hearing ‘yes ma’am’ and life is just a little slower and sweeter there.
2. The City: The best part about UK’s campus is that it is right in the middle of one of the most charming cities – Lexington. The food scene, the nightlife options, art, culture, the festivals – I miss it every day!
3. The Basketball: UK has the winningest program in college basketball and you have not experienced tradition until you’ve watched a game inside Rupp Arena – chills every time!
4. The Community: The Big Blue Nation really does feel like one big family. ANY TIME I ever wear a Kentucky shirt outside of Kentucky, it’s a guaranteed “go cats” and instant conversation.
5. The Dorm Life: They’ve been updated since I attended UK, but the campus dorms are probably some of the nicest in the country. Air conditioning, private bedrooms and full-sized tempurpedic beds – not bad for your freshman year right?
6. Southern Men: I’m a northern Indiana girl, so the whole southern gentleman thing was a pleasant surprise when I moved down to Lexington.
7. Southland Church: I fell in love with this church and the people my freshman year and still watch it online today! Take my word for it and go experience 608 at Southland on Sundays.
8. Food Options: Chipotle, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Blaze, Qdoba, Panera, 3 Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, and Subway all. on. campus.
8. The Cheerleading: Obviously. 22 national titles and counting 😉
9. The Horse Racing: One of the most unique aspect of Lex – no other school offers this kind of experience! Every spring and fall – get all dressed up with your friends and enjoy a beautiful day at the horse races at Keeneland.
10. Raising Canes: am I right?
What did I miss? What’s your favorite thing about UK – comment below & GO CATS!