It’s 10 degrees in Chicago right now and I’m sitting on the floor in my room next to my space heater because IT’S SO COLD. I just packed everything up to leave for New York Fashion Week in the morning – where it’s also looking like a prettyyyy cold week. Because spring feels so far away and bad weather always puts be into hibernation mode, I’m sharing 6 guilty pleasures that get me through the winter months. (Never said they were all good for you, just some things to make the cold and bleh weather not so bad 🙂 ).
- LONG showers. I love really hot showers. Not only do they help wake me up in the morning, but I like to get up a little earlier than necessary just to get some extra warmth before heading out in the cold.
- Spray tans. Yep, I’m serious. I get so pale in the winter and I stopped going to the tanning bed years ago, and I lucked out with this place just a few blocks from my front door. I go to an awesome ‘organic spray tan salon’ (whatever that means) on North Avenue. If you live in Chicago you have to try them out, tell them I sent you!
- Red Wine. There’s nothing like a cozy night in on the couch with a glass of red! I really love A to Z Pinot Noir. Pretty sure you can find it at most liquor stores. And I know I’ve posted about these glasses a million times but they really do just make drinking wine more fun, haha.
- Alone time. Read online articles/your favorite blog, listen to an inspiring podcast, put on a face mask, take a bubble bath, listen to your favorite playlist.
- Sweets. They just make everything better. Everything in moderation!!
- My space heater. We are in a serious relationship all winter. When I’m working in my room – it’s upstairs in my room. When I’m at my desk – it’s right underneath. It’s the little things guys 😉
What are you guilty pleasures? Comment on my latest Instagram post so I can get some new ideas to get through these cold winter months! Can’t wait to take you guys along with me to fashion week – fun stuff coming this week! xo, liv