Core exercises have always been my favorite when it comes to working out – years of gymnastics and cheerleading required that to be the strongest part of my body! Here are 6 exercises I’ve been doing lately to stay in bikini shape – [Wearing Peony & Me’s two piece workout set: Sports Bra / Leggings / Mesh tank]
Reverse Crunches (2 sets of 10 reps):
1.Start by lying face-up with your legs bent and arms alongside your body.
2. Raise your knees until they’re perpendicular to the floor.
3. Roll your hips up towards your chest until they’re completely off the floor.
4. Slowly lower them back town to the ground – exhale & squeeze your abs while doing this!
Toe touches with weight (2 sets of 15 reps):
1. Lay on your back with your feet straight up above your hips.
2. Take your weight (I do 5 or 10 lbs) and extend it above your shoulders.
3. Keep your legs still, and slowly bring your shoulder blades off the floor – reach for your toes with the weight.
Side to Side Leg Raises: (2 set of 10 reps – left side, right side is one rep):
1. Lay on your back with your feet straight up above your hips and arms out to the side for balance.
2. Lower your legs to one side while squeezing your abs the whole time, stop just a few inches from ground, then pass back through center and lower to opposite side.
Spiderman push-ups (2 sets of 8 reps – left, right is one):
1. Do a standard push up while bringing one knee up to your elbow during each rep.
2. Alternate legs.
Rotating Planks (2 sets of 10 reps – left, right is one):
1. Hold a regular plank position.
2. Rotate your hips to one side and touch the ground with that hip.
3. Switch sides and squeeze your stomach muscles the whole time