(my one-piece – wearing xxs)
I’ve been wanting to do a post like this for a while now because I pack for trips so often that I feel like I have it down to a science now 🤓I’m leaving for Montauk tomorrow so I decided to just take pictures as I packed! It can be stressful trying to come up with everything you’ll need on the way there and once you arrive, so I’ve compiled a bullet point list below that you can copy. What you pack always comes down to personal preference, but this is what makes the list every time I leaving home for a trip in the summer:
- Travel Snacks
- A good book for the car/plane/train
- Blue light glasses
Most importantly: snacks. I’m usually one to have twizzlers or sour patch watermelon in this pic, but lately I’ve been better about my sugar intake. so these are some of my go-to’s. Not as fun..but better for you and more filling 🤷I’m currently reading ‘A Grief Observed‘ by C.S. Lewis because everything he writes is gold, and here’s the link to my blue light glasses that I love.
- Cute wallet
- Airpods (obvi)
- Travel Advil
- Portable Charger
- Portable Speaker
Things I keep in my purse when I travel: a wallet that can double as a clutch for going out at night, love this YSL one because it goes with everything. Airpods of course – if you haven’t converted yet you have to, game changer. This portable charger is THE BEST thing, it’s so easy to plug right into the wall and charges your phone so fast. And – a portable speaker, bc why not.
- Sun Bum Sunscreen (good for spraytans)
- Moroccanoil travel hand lotion
- La Mer body lotion
- Vita Liberata body blur
- Aveda ‘shampure’ dry shampoo
Ok, a few products I always pack in my beauty bag: SunBum sunscreen is gentle on your skin – which is great if you have a spraytan. Love anything with the Moroccanoil scent, so I like to keep this little hand lotion in my bag. La Mer body lotion is a splurge, but it’s my favorite – and Vita Liberata’s body blur for super smooth looking legs. Aveda’s ‘shampure’ is a great dry shampoo for extra body, you have to try it.
- St. Tropez face tanning mist – great to touch up your tan on your face + chest.
- Billie Razor – love these, wrote more about them here.
- Mini Moroccanoil – anything with the moroccanoil scent, gimme
- Light Hairspray
- La Mer face lotion + oil (see this post)
- Travel shampoo & conditioner – been using this on my last few trips on the weekend to brighten my blonde.
- Moisture lip crayon – love this crayon, feels light and adds a little color.
- Laura Mercier Lip Color – my favorite color right now (Nude Nouveau)
- Ambre Blends Perfume Oil – use this every day, favorite scent and great for travel bc it’s tiny
- Burts Bees Lip Balm
- Lavender Oil for sleep – if you have trouble sleeping on trips, put this on your feet & temples!
- Cute clips (pearl/tortoise)
- Claw clips – Use these every day, all day
- Bobby Pins
- Thin + thick hair ties
- Sock bun – for up-do’s
- Mini brush for clutch
- Cute travel jumpsuit: from A&F
- Pajama set (wear these all the time, obsessed)
- Black + White Pashminas – good for taking out at night, pairs with anything.
- Travel hat- found this a while ago at Urban Outfitters
- Swimsuits: snakeskin + american flag
- Travel Sandals – found these at A&F
Suitcase: Bigger Carry-on
Personalized Weekender Bag: This exact one is sold out, similar Cuyana bags here
- Plan ahead – check the weather!
- Roll your clothes instead of folding (similar to how my clothes are packed in my drawers in this post)
- Bring a dirty clothes bag.
- Use a jewelry travel case, I like these two:
Whether you’re going somewhere this weekend, for the 4th, or have travel plans for Labor Day, I hope this post helped you get everything together for you trip and feeling more prepared 🙂 Happy traveling!